Monday 22 August 2011

22 August 2011 Uee for Chosun (Interview + Photos)


U-ie of K-pop girl band After School is starring in two TV dramas at the moment, as a university student who overcomes a sad family history in KBS weekend drama “Ojakgayo Brothers“, and as a country girl who grows into a successful golfer in “Birdie Buddy” on cable channel tvN.

In an interview on Aug. 8, U-ie said, “I watched the first episode of ‘Ojakgayo Brothers‘ with the script in hand to check for mistakes, and my acting left a lot to be desired compared to more senior actors”. She in fact started out wanting to be an actress and went to a lot of auditions, but ended up making her debut as a singer first.

What does she think about criticism that she would not have won two starring roles simultaneously despite her inexperience if she had not been a member of a successful manufactured band?

“I find the statement unfair. I didn’t win the roles easily because of my body, or because I’m in a band. I practiced acting and golfing very hard for three months to pass the audition for the soaps”.

Will she be able to both sing and act?

“It’s not easy for me to maintain both jobs in a very tight schedule, because After School are preparing Japanese debut. But I try to do my best by cutting down on sleep because I can’t afford to be a nuisance to After School and the TV crew”, U-ie said.

How is her acting coming along?

“Right now, it’s just so much fun. I really enjoy reading the script and thinking about how to play certain scenes when the new script comes out. It’s amazing how I get drawn into studying acting when I was never interested in studying at school. It feels like I’m being recreated through acting”.



No comments:

Post a Comment